FACE YOUR FEAR
One thing I have been asked time and time over, is ‘How come you are so fearless'? My answer is always the same. Because I choose to be.
Aristotle believed courage to be the most important quality in a ‘man'. “Courage is the first of human virtues because it makes all others possible,” he wrote. So true. If there were no courage, no one would do anything. Starting your own salon took courage. You believed in yourself. You backed yourself. So where have all these fears come from? Fear of competition, fear of staff leaving, fear of not being able to pay the bills… there are many many things that could go wrong. So how do you deal with this?
My tip number seven, is to face your fear. Deal with these fears head on. Follow these steps and you will set yourself on a path of freedom from fear, I promise you
1. Write down everything you are fearful of
2. Scale these fear on a 1-10 of the likely hood of them happening
3. Write down a solution to the problem, should it happen.
Eg. You are fearful of your best staff member leaving. On a scale of 1-10, you have put this as a 5. What I don't want you to do, is work out a way to keep this staff member. The fear is her leaving, so lets assume she is gone. Now I want you to write down all the things you could do to manage the situation.
– recruit an apprentice now (future proof your business)
– systems in place to ensuring clients don't leave
– policies in place to protect business IP
– training manuals to train new staff member
– open communication with the rest of the team always
There are so many things you can do to address this particular fear. My advice to to spend some time working on each fear, and have a strategy in place for if/when it may happen. Then you can let it go! You have a plan in place. You know what to do. It's no longer a fear keeping you up at night. I guarantee you that in 12 months time, you will look back on these fears, and realise they are no longer relevant.
Join us at our next Summit Event!
DARE – DREAM – DO
September 19-21, 2018